Wondering if your RV or camper’s house batteries are charged sufficiently? Or, if the batteries will power your CPAP all night? Want to measure your RV energy usage before you decide to buy new batteries? Planning an extended dry camping (boondocking) experience and want to know if the batteries can handle it? Looking for a way to keep an eye on your off-grid cabin’s solar batteries or your boat’s marine batteries? Looking for a smartphone remote capable battery monitor? – The Trimetric TM-2030 Battery Monitor is the answer!
Our current promotion – Week long President’s Day Sale: shop.bogartengineering.com
Essential to any battery based energy storage system, battery monitors are fuel gauges for energy. They measure and report the amount of energy left in the battery bank, the rate at which energy is consumed (or stored) from the battery bank. In other words, a battery monitor is to your battery bank what a personal finance program is for your bank account!
Long considered the golden standard against which all battery monitors are compared, the Trimetric is a shunt based battery monitor that provides a high degree of insight into your battery system. As a fuel gauge, the Trimetric monitor works with all battery types (AGM, flooded cell lead acid, lithium LFP, nickel iron) and will accurately track and help you plan your energy usage. The Trimetric monitor and its companion products, SC-2030 Solar Charger and WF-2030 WiFi Module, let you effortlessly manage your RV’s batteries and free you to enjoy the great outdoors.
Visit our on-line store to purchase any of our products and take advantage of our current promotions.
If you’re here on your research for RV battery monitoring and solar options, please contact us. We’ll offer you objective, unbiased suggestions & tips in designing a reliable & high performance battery monitoring & solar system. We’ve even recommended products from our competition if we felt they were better for a specific situation.
You’ll never be in the the dark with the Trimetric
●Battery Shunt based Monitor. More accurate, stable & reliable than Hall effect based monitors.
●Measures battery % full, based on amp hour measurements for accurate information on state of charge (SOC). This method is more accurate than meters that use only voltage to determine how full your batteries are—especially when they are between 30-90% full. Battery system size: 10-10,000 amp hours.
●Use the TM-2030 with the WF-2030 WiFi module for remote access from smartphones, tablets and PCs. WIFi offers better range than Bluetooth.
●Allows Amp-hrs based battery charging when used with the SC-2030 Solar charger to prevent or minimize sulfation. This feature is exclusive to our products and has been demonstrated to extend battery life.
● Measures battery charging or discharging Amps (or Watts). Useful for conducting energy audits of your system and help you determine if you need to add storage (or charging) capacity.
- Tracks # of days since the last time batteries were charged or equalized.
● Measures battery volts (9.0 to 75): to verify that chargers are charging to correct voltage for your batteries.
● Audible low battery alarm, based on volts and % full. May be silenced. Avoid inverter shutdowns by properly charging the batteries.
● Displays replaced percentage of charge, compared to most recent discharge. To extend battery life, charge batteries 5-20% more than what was taken out during the last discharge event.
● Incorporates lightning protection.
● Easy to read display. If needed, display may be turned off.
● View logged history data: Helpful to verify your system is working properly.
- Serial data port for connection to computers.
Data for each of the last five charge/discharge cycles:
● Length of the cycle.
● How long ago the cycle ended.
● Lowest % full reading
● Lowest battery voltage.
● Cycle charge efficiency (percent)
Data for each of the last five days.
● Highest voltage that day.
● Lowest charging current.
● Total percentage overcharge for that day.
● Sizes: smaller (RV) is 3 x 5-1/4 x 1-3/8 inches deep. Larger (A) is 4-1/2 x 4 -3/4 x 1-1/4 inches deep.
● Requires a shunt: Either a 500A/50mV shunt that allows current measurements from 0.1-400 Amps. Or, a 100A/100mV shunt that allows current measurements from 0.01- 75 Amps. Larger shunts allow higher current limits. 1000A/100mV shunt (rarely used) may be used (with the “H” shunt setting).