TM-2030-A and TM-2030-RV. The latest version of the TriMetric. The TriMetric gives a high degree of insight into your battery system. Although it will work with any charger or solar charge controller, the Bogart Engineering SC-2030 Solar Charger is specifically designed to partner with the TriMetric TM-2030. To see what’s involved to install it, download “Brief Overview of Installation Requirements” in the brown column below.
Click on any image below to enlarge the view.
The TM-2030-A and TM-2030-RV are operationally identical to each other. The difference between the “A” and “RV” version is only the size and label color. The TM-2030-RV includes the enclosure shown. The TM-2030-A mounts in a double gang electrical box not included. Older models of the TriMetric will be supported.
● Measures battery % full, based on amp hour measurements for accurate information on how much battery energy is left. This method is more accurate than monitors that use only voltage to determine how full your batteries are—especially when they are between 30-90% full. Battery system size: 10-10,000 amp hours.
● Measures battery charging or discharging amps—or watts; To check that chargers are still charging at proper amounts—also to check to see how much your loads are drawing—and to discover phantom 24 hour loads that you may not know about.
● Measures battery volts (9.0 to 75): to verify that chargers are charging to correct voltage for your batteries.
● New with the TM-2030: Audible low battery alarm, based on volts and % full. May be silenced.
● Measures days since charged: Shows how many days have elapsed since batteries were last fully charged. Batteries can lose ability to hold charge if this becomes too long.
● Shows days since equalized: A reminder to equalize at appropriate time if you do manual equalizations.
● New with the TM-2030: Displays replaced percentage of charge, compared to most recent discharge–Many battery company experts are now recommending that when recharging, 110-120% of recently withdrawn energy should be replaced for wet cell Lead acid batteries to prevent loss of capacity—and 104-108% for AGM types. This new function makes it easy to know if they have been sufficiently charged.
● Lightning protection.
● Easy to read display–display may be turned off.
● Defaults to “Level 1” for most users to keep operation simple. Choose Level 2 or 3 for more technical users.
● Logged data functions: You may not need this, but a technician trying to diagnose what is wrong will find these very helpful:
Data for each of last five charge/discharge cycles:
● Length of the cycle.
● How long ago the cycle ended.
● Lowest % full reading
● Lowest battery voltage.
● Cycle charge efficiency (percent)
Data for each of the last five days.
● Highest voltage that day.
● Lowest charging current.
● Total percentage overcharge for that day.
● Sizes: smaller (RV) is 3 x 5-1/4 x 1-3/8 inches deep. Larger (A) is 4-1/2 x 4 -3/4 x 1-1/4 inches deep.
● Requires one of two shunts: 500A/50mV shunt allows amp measurements from 0.1-over 400 Amps. 100A/100mV shunt allows amp measurements from 0.01- over 70 Amps. Larger shunts allow higher current limits. 1000A/100mV shunt (rarely used) may be used (with the “H” shunt setting).
For more details see reference literature to right.
Please visit our support page for more information.