Important: The SC-2030 charge controller is designed to connect to and controlled by the TM-2030 Battery Monitor. The TM-2030 will not communicate with or control any other charge controllers; it will monitor their charging activity by way of the electrical shunt that connects to the battery. Do not attempt to connect any other charge controller to the TM-2030. Doing so will void its warranty and will damage the monitor.
TriMetric Battery Monitors
• Most popular choice for monitoring off-grid homes, RV’s or boats.
• All models show volts, battery charging and discharging amps, % full based on measured amp hours—and more
• View history data to identify system problems.
• The TM-2030-RV is easily fastened to a wall. The TM-2030-A fits into a “double gang box” and is easier to flush mount.
Solar Charge Controller
• Works with the TM-2030 Battery monitor to provide precise charging in accordance with battery manufacturer recommendations.
• Returns a measured amount of amp hours—and also has a higher voltage, current regulated finish charge to avoid battery undercharge or overcharge.
• Connects to TM-2030 monitor (see lower left) with crossover-type telephone cable (included with each SC-2030) to access all settings and readings.
• 30 Amps maximum solar current, 12 or 24V systems, PWM technology at lower complexity and cost than MPPT technology with approximately the same efficiency when using solar panels with voltage matched to batteries.
PentaMetric Battery Monitor System
• More data than the TriMetric and more complex. Control with local LCD data display or use computer with optional internet access to data.
• Three amps channels to separately monitor battery amps, solar amps and an additional channel.
• Data logging: Periodic measurement of solar input, percentage full, volts, watts, amp-hours, charge-discharge efficiency factor and more.
• Relay control can be used to control a generator for charging. More details